Black Beans > Throwback Thursday Recipes
April 23 2020
#ThrowbackThursdayRecipes is back with an all time Cowboy Chicken favorite! Join us this week and cook up our tasty Cowboy Black Beans. This dish takes traditional black beans and gives them some true Texas zest. Once prepared, don’t forget to serve with our $8 Half Chicken special.
Follow along with the recipe below and make sure to share photos or video of you making this recipe with us on Instagram by tagging @cowboychicken . Happy cooking partners!
- 2 cans (30 oz) black beans
- 1/2 cup yellow onion
- 1/3 cup red pepper
- Jalapeno to taste
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt, pepper, garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp chicken base
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup Pico de Gallo
- Drain and rinse black beans.
- Dice onions, red peppers, and jalapenos to a 1/4 inch.
- Turn on stove to medium high add oil, onions, peppers, and jalapeno; cook until translucent.
- Add beans, water, and chicken base; bring to a boil.
- Add chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, and garlic power. Let boil for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped cilantro.
- Allow to cool slightly and top with fresh Pico de Gallo before serving.
- Pair with our Cowboy Chicken Half Chicken