Campfire Veggies > Throwback Thursday Recipes
April 4 2020
With all of us spending more time at home these days, we decided that it’s time to release the recipes of some of our all-time favorite classic menu items in a feature we’re calling #ThrowbackThursdayRecipes. Cooking at home can bring us joy whether you’re making it yourself with with some good music and a glass of wine; or with family (and of course include the kids)!
We’re kicking off this feature with the recipe of a customer favorite: Campfire Veggies! We hope that you enjoy. Make sure to share photos or video of you making this recipe with us on Instagram by tagging @cowboychicken
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium squash
- 1/4 red onion
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 2oz Campfire Sauce
- Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder
- Olive oil
- Prep 10m
- Cook 3m
- Wash all veggies. Cut and de-seed pepper.
- Dice all veggies in 1/4-inch pieces.
- Mix all veggies.
- Heat sauté pan to medium-high heat and coat with olive oil.
- Add veggie mix to pan. When veggies start to sizzle, add salt, pepper, and garlic to taste.
- Add Campfire Sauce to heated veggies and sauté till sauce caramelizes.
- Serve immediately
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 3 oz (3/8 cup) sugar
- 3 oz (3/8 cup) brown sugar
- 1/8 cup finely sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon of ground or finely minced ginger
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/2 cup honey
- Place all ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Heat over med.-high heat, stirring often, until it comes to a boil and sugars all dissolve.
- Remove from heat and let cool before serving as a dipping sauce or marinade.